Let’s just put it this way – I would have rather grown up with acne than experience the wrath that acne is having on my life now as an adult. The reason? These guys are DEEP, and these guys are PAINFUL, and these guys MULTIPLY. And while the trouble spots only take over my chin area and have not spread further, this new skin development is still something I am not a fan of.
I’ve spent the past year experimenting with products. For the most part, each product I tried did have an effect, and a positive one. But the second one blemish cleared up, another one appeared and even deeper under the skin. At the age of 30 plus some years, it’s less than appreciated that I cannot apply my makeup over smooth skin! Before completely giving up and getting comfortable with the fact that I may just have acne for my adult years, I finally took the plunge into two products that have been getting amazing reviews but also break the bank a bit. Sorry, folks. But Cinderella’s shoes weren’t cheap either, I’m sure.
The fact is that when it comes to skincare, you DO get what you pay for. While over the counter products may cut it for some, if you deal with any kind of intense skin issues then you are going to have to dig deep into that wallet. The two products that I will never do without again – Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser Acne Treatment and Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil.
Kate Somerville Eradikate Daily Cleanser Acne Treatment
- Gentle enough for everyday use because it’s a creamy foam
- Only dries out the bad guys! If you have existing acne, say goodbye! It took mere days for really deep ones to shrink and disappear!
- Pigment corrector – I’m a picker and I have scars. This cleanser takes care of those too!
- Preventative – since using this cleanser, I haven’t seen new, painfully deep blemishes rear their heads. And that’s the biggest difference between this heavy hitter and all other products I’ve tried!
Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil
- Intense formula without the drying effects – most products that contain Salicylic Acid tend to dry out the face (which is unfortunate because that ingredient is acne’s worst nightmare!) But because this product is a face oil, you get the awesome payoffs of the ingredient without the negative side effects like losing all your skin’s moisture. (PSA: moisture is KEY to fighting acne, so even if you are oily your skin will thank you for extra hydration.)
- A little goes A LONG way: while I do use this day and night, I only need a maximum of 3 drops to do the job. So don’t be afraid of the high price point of $80 for the large size, because it will last you FOREVER
- Get a glow AND lose the texture – my favorite thing about this product is the healthy glow I get both on naked skin and under my makeup. Not only that, but if you use this product at night, you will notice much less texture from your skin. Dry patches and former acne scars be gone!
There are definitely some disclaimers that I should mention here: Not all skin types are the same, so these products definitely have worked for someone with normal to oily skin like myself. And while luxurious products are powerhouses from time to time, the real truth is that diet, sleep, and water consumption all play a HUGE role in maintaining your skin’s health. Like any fighter, one must stay away from fatty foods, sugary alcohol, light sleeping, and take in as much water as possible to be a true champion. Especially when it comes to fighting adult acne!